The town of roses

size 640×480 pixels – but confined to 4/5 of window width

size 1600×1200 pixels – but confined to 4/5 of window width

The designation "town of roses" seems to have emerged about a hundred years ago, but was preceded by "town of flowers" in the eighteen hundreds. The steeple of the Molde Cathedral (completed 1957) in the center of the picture.
(2008-08-23)

< last image next >
size 640×480 pixels size 1024×768 pixels size 1600×1200 pixels