Inside Our Lady Church

size 640×480 pixels – but confined to 4/5 of window width

size 1600×1200 pixels – but confined to 4/5 of window width

Inside the Church of Our Lady. The altarpiece was made in 1742-44 for the Nidaros Cathedral and moved to Our Lady Church in 1837. The pulpit was made in 1771 and the chandelier dates back to 1652.

In addition to the daily – and nightly – coming and going of people, drinking coffee, lighting candles etc.; there are occasional events – more or less ecclesiastical. The varied use may explain the unusual arrangement of the pews and why the candles are placed in the middle of the floor.
(2009-04-11)

Inside Our Lady Church

size 640×480 pixels – but confined to 4/5 of window width

size 1600×1200 pixels – but confined to 4/5 of window width

Inside the Church of Our Lady. The organ from 1922 is in excellent condition and nobody has complained about the acoustics of this church. The little café is seen to the right.
(2009-04-11)

< previous next >
size 640×480 pixels size 1024×768 pixels size 1600×1200 pixels