The valley Norangs-dalen runs westwards between high mountains from Hellesylt (ferry to/from Geiranger) to Øye at Hjørund-fjorden.
Norangsdalen is quite narrow.
The old bridge had a direct hit. The road through the valley is closed in winter.
To the left – hiding among the rocks – the stone huts of the old Stavbergsetra summer dairies.
Stavbergsetra was abandoned long ago, but in 1955 at least some goats were left.
The shallow lake Lygnstøl-vatnet is about one hundred years old. In 1908 a landslide filled the bottom of the vally most distant from the camera. When the light is favorable, the stone fundaments of a summer dairy can be seen. In the background the mountain Slogen (1564 m), well-known among mountaineers.
The dairy had stone fences ...
Lygnstølvatnets also cowers the old road through the valley.
View eastwards from Øye towards union. Hotel Union – from the times of the English Lords – and still operating in the old style – is discernible to the left.